Saturday, March 12

Hmmm...

Has anyone else heard about the "Waffles & Chicken" meal from IHop? It is a genious idea but I mean really?! wtf, whoever thought of that was definitely high. Anywoo, I think I want some, waffles and chicken that is, it sounds good. As long as i can order some white gravy with my chicken becuase Dairy Queen has me addicted to the white gravy that they give me in my chicken baskets.

Lately I have been thinking a lot about life. Recently, a close friend of the family, lost his job (he made a small mistake that was NOT his fault at all and his company is downsizing anyways, so any excuse to fire someone is good enough). Although most would look at this situation and think "Wow, that sucks" if you knew him and his situation, you would understand why I am not freaking out too much. I feel like i have to give a bit of a backround story. See, his work resides in Alabama... well, more like 85 miles off the coast of Alabama, in the middle of the ocean, on a litttttle bitty platform. He has two teenage kids in need of a father and one littttlle baby who is so freaking cute, you dont even understand, who although may not realize that he needs a father, definitely needs one too. With him all the way across the country 1/2 the time and all of his kids here, that definitely cramps this whole "parenting" thing's style. I look up to him, because alothough there is much more to the story that I am not going to post  on here, (for privacy reasons), he still tries to be in his kids life as much as he can. He tries his absolute hardest to make sure they understand the difference between right and wrong. He tries to make sure he is available if they need anything or they need to talk and when they ask to be treated like adults, he treats them like so (the good, and the bad). I think this qualifies as a good dad, and a good man, trying to look out for his kids and not the bailing when the going gets tough.


Sometimes I wish my biological dad had been more of a man. Or would grow some balls and try to talk to me. Its almost pathetic that I have been living on this Earth for almost 18 years and I have never spoken to someone who should be one of the most important people in your life. Not one birthday card. Not anything. i almost want to send him a gradutation announcement so that he knows that I am successful. So that he knows. What the hell he is missing out on.

No comments:

Post a Comment